Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Aeon Sable - Saturn Return (2013)



Aeon Sable
Saturn Return
Afmusic

When I received the second full length album of the German duo Aeon Sable I was surprised, because when I read the description on the CD it says “limited copy of 100, exclusively distributed in Russia”. I posted a picture on my Facebook page, and at that moment I didn’t know I am the only person who has the physical copy in some way. Nino explained that the CD I received is the prototype, because it’s not released in a physical form yet. Saturn Return was released digitally through iTunes on December 12th. It will be released through Amazon as a digital album on January 11th, and this version will include a bonus track. Later on February 22nd, it will be released in vinyl. So, I feel lucky to have this physical copy in my hands. Many of you probably remember this band, because I promoted the debut album "Per Aspera Ad Astra", (released in 2010) On Necromanteion and also in This Is Gothic Rock. Aeon Sable is one of those bands that sound different from the rest. It’s really hard to say exactly which style they represent. "Saturn Return" is not too far away from the sound of their previous album. It contains very goth-ish tracks, gloomy tracks, and sometimes it’s inevitable to listen to the background very close, with the finest My Dying Bride sound. We can even hear some growls in the track called "Praying Mantis". With an epic decadent part, which is gothic rock meets doom gothic metal, the rest of the album is more goth, decadent, and of course, if I had to choose a word to describe it, I would say ‘grey’. One factor is very clear: "Saturn Return" is a big step forward from "Per Aspera Ad Astra". If you want something different, catchy and gloomy at the same time, don’t hesitate to get this album. The band made a video of the track "Dancefloor Satellite", and the vinyl edition will be limited to 333 copies. You can pre-order your copy now. Aeon Sable will establish their name on the scene with "Saturn Return". I hope they can re-release their debut album. I´m wating to see the video they shot for the song "Prating Mantis".